Here is our checklist of documents:
1. 4 page Autobiography for each parent
2. Commitment to read 3 mandatory adoption books
3. Commitment to read 2 adoption books of our choice
4. Signed Guardianship Statement
5. International Adoption Statement
6. Post Placement Agreement (3 visits by the social worker after we return)
7. Clearance Questionnaire
8. Background Screening from Manatee County Sheriff's Office
9. FDLE Clearance
10. Central Abuse Hotline Record Screening
11. General Physical Exam, included blood work, see picture below!!
12. Financial Statements, including Monthly Expenses
13. Affidavits of Good Moral Character
14. Birth Certificates (original copies)
15. Marriage Certificates (original copies)
16. Letters from Employers, verifying employment
17. Letters of Reference from friends and family
18. 8 hour online training with Hague International Adoption Convention
Oh and EVERYTHING has to be notarized!!
Well, I guess it doesn't look that bad...it's just time consuming! Here is a picture of Ryan and I giving blood at 7:00 in the morning! Of course the phlebotomist got a kick out of my picture taking!
Thanks for your prayers and support!! Have a great weekend,