I got a recipe card and sample at our local Publix for Chicken Florentine! I made some changes but you can find the original recipe here. This is a labor intensive meal but completely worth it. It was deliciously yummy! We had this as a special dinner to celebrate Easton's Forever Day, July 21, 2010. This is the day that we passed Ethiopian Courts and Easton was placed in our arms forever. Such sweet memories I have. It's probably not a weekday dinner but more of a special occasion for our family!
*I doubled the recipe-I froze half of it to have a quick meal in 2 weeks.
Ingredients: (for DOUBLE)
Chicken Breast (I used 4 large breast, probably should have used 5)
1 package of sliced mushrooms (I used baby portabella)
2 8 oz fresh mozzarella
1 jar of sun dried tomatoes
2 frozen creamed spinach
2 Philadelphia Cooking Cream (I used regular but the Italian one would be better)
2 16oz gnocchi pasta
2 can of quartered artichoke hearts
1 red peper
3 cups whole milk
2 large egg
1. Preheat the oven to 350
2. Preparation: dice the red pepper, slice the chicken into bite size pieces, shred the mozzarella cheese.
4. Saute' the red pepper and mushrooms for about 6 minutes. Add in the artichokes (I broke these apart as they sauteed) and sun dried tomato (I used 1/3 of the jar, I probably should have used half the jar, depends on your taste). Mix together and cook for about 10 minutes.
5. In another pan cook the chicken. I used olive oil and seasoned with Italian Seasoning, Salt and Pepper. Cook until brown edges. 6. While the chicken and vegetables are cooking boil water for the gnocchi. Cook the gnocchi as package describes.
7. Add chicken to the vegetables. Cook for about 5 minutes.
8. Transfer everything into a large bowl. Add Gnocchi pasta, 8oz of mozzerella cheese, philadelphia cooking cream, milk, and eggs- mix well
9. At this point I put half into another bowl to cool before I put it in a ziplock bag for the freezer. Pour into casserole dish to bake. Cover with aluminum foil.
10. Bake for 25 minutes covered
11. Uncover and top with Mozzarella cheese. Bake 10 minutes, until bubbly and cheese has melted.
That's it! Add some garlic bread and enjoy this complete meal!
*Please comment or email me if you have questions. This is the first time I've posted a recipe and directions. Hopefully, it makes sense!!
All things new...One month home with Eden
9 months ago