Thursday, May 26, 2011

Our boys and their hair~

Here is a ridiculously long post to answer the question, "What do you use in Easton's hair?"
All of the products can be purchased at Walmart or Target. I've heard of wonderful products available online but I have been happy with the over the counter, inexpensive products found locally. It's been a journey of trial and error to see what works best with the texture of his hair. I actually started writing this post months ago but I keep finding different products and techniques that I wanted to share. Hopefully, this will be a starting point and a good reference for you!
Easton's hair is tight curls. When you pull them out you can see how long it is!


Baby Shampoo- (very mild for Easton's hair)

Our favorite leave in condition! We use a generous amount of this conditioner each bath. I believe the key to Easton's hair is rich conditioner and no tangles.

A good comb is necessary! I try to comb through it twice a week, in the tub with lots of conditioner. I keep the scissors close by too because I typically just cut out the tiny knots on the ends. Easton can tolerate this for about 5 minutes so I work fast!

This was Easton's hair at 12 months old. This is combed out! I haven't combed out his hair in a long time. I'm pretty sure he would have atleast a 4 inch fro!

This is what it looks like when it's completely soaked. Tight ringlets that I love!


I just have to share some silly pictures of Preston's comb over and natural mohawk. Looks like Preston is going to have to have his 1st haircut this week. We are just going to trim his bangs, since they are in his eyes. I guess I just like long hair because I don't intend on actually cutting either of the boys' hair!






2 Videos to show you:


Some hair samples:
(Twist and Lock)
Our favorite product for styling his hair (special occasions-It's too much work to do daily) I use a generous amount and twist locks of hair around my figures. I do not use a comb to part it. I simply grab a tiny chunk and twist it between my figures.
J8fbAKU8blI/Tx6wzaimTNI/AAAAAAAABYA/zHnyJsvxgaA/s1600/Organic%2BRoot%2BStimulator%2BLock%2Band%2BTwist%2BGel%2B13%2Boz.jpg" onblur="try {parent.deselectBloggerImageGracefully();} catch(e) {}">


(Poof Ball) Here is Easton's hair once I sprayed it with water and rubbed Cantu Shea Butter leave in conditioner through it:

We love all of the Cantu products!


(Curly Q)
Easton's hair after a bath with Palmer's coconut oil, hair milk in it:


(A Hot Mess)
Inevitably what Easton's hair will look like after 10 hours of sleep in his crib!! Time for a bath and to start all over again!! =)


Mama's hair doesn't get half the attention that the boys' hair does! =) Thankfully my hairdresser friend Brittny insist on taking care of me!

A BLAST FROM THE PAST:
Incase you are wondering if your baby will have hair like Easton's, here are a few pictures to help you compare. His hair was never course, it was always soft, curly and fine.


(I love this picture!!!! I'm 5 months pregnant with Preston =)

Hopefully that gives you more information than you could ever need on Ethiopian hair care!
If you have any questions please leave a comment or email me at Ryanashlie@aol.com

No comments: